The dataset includes information on research spending, vendor contracts and employees from research institutions representing 41% of total U.S. university R&D spending. The IRIS dataset has been used by researchers in higher education, economics, sociology, and many other fields.
New features this year include:
- An indicator for federally funded sponsored projects
- Standardized names for non-profit foundations
- Standardized sub-organization unit names
- Expanded demographic variables
- Linkage to federal award and UMETRICS data at both award and individual PI levels and
- New linkage files focused on research teams.
For more on the data release, visit https://iris.isr.umich.edu/research-data/2020datarelease/. And for details on our research data generally, see https://iris.isr.umich.edu/research-data/.