Current Career Opportunities at IRIS
Posting Begin/End Date: 1/16/2019 – 2/15/2019
IRIS is seeking a Communications Specialist. The successful candidate will bring communications, marketing and outreach expertise and experience to a fast-paced team. To apply, visit the University of Michigan Careers page and search for Job ID #167503. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide a communications portfolio containing samples of relevant work.
Major areas of responsibility will be:
- Engage with communications and outreach representatives of IRIS member institutions and stakeholders to identify best practices and consult on use of IRIS data and reports. (40%)
- Coordinate with IRIS Data Team, Development Team, Research Team, and Research Support Team as well as with communications professionals at U-M and ISR and collaborator institutions to increase the public profile and visibility of IRIS work. (30%)
- Develop, implement & manage IRIS communications via web, social media, newsletters, and press. (30%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Library Science, or a relevant field AND 2-4 years of successful communications/marketing experience (may include internships and/or other nonpaid experience)
- Adept with current web content management systems and various social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in writing engaging content for general audiences
- Familiarity with graphic design programs
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects to deadline
- Effective organization and management of multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Careful attention to detail
- Ability to both work independently and as a successful team member
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field and/or 5+ years of equivalent experience
Administrative Assistant Senior
Posting Begin/End Date: 1/29/2019 – 2/12/2019
IRIS is seeking an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and detailed-oriented, with a friendly, professional demeanor and the ability to effectively and independently problem solve in a fast-paced environment. He/she will be comfortable acquiring new skills and learning new technological solutions; will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; will effectively manage multiple priorities in a busy academic section; and will work successfully as a member of a cohesive team. To apply, visit the University of Michigan Careers page and search for Job ID #167958.
Major areas of responsibility will be:
Office management and general administrative work. Maintain and purchase office supplies and manage inventory of office equipment. Reconcile complex travel/expense and Pcard reports. Process payments and billing. Assist the IRIS team with space/office needs, such as providing access to the shared drive, name tags, card access, etc. Proofread reports, newsletters, and other materials to ensure high quality, professional communications to stakeholders. Maintain administrative database and “IRIS Friends and Family” mailing list. Provide general administrative support to the IRIS team for projects as assigned.
Logistical support. Provide scheduling support for the entire INK team, particularly for the Executive Director and Managing Director. This includes working with both internal and external stakeholders to schedule meetings, coordinate agendas, and provide travel support (including processing travel reimbursements for staff and visitors) through Concur. Serve as the initial point of contact for INK.
Event management and meeting support. Serve as point person for large events such as the IRIS Summit as well as smaller meetings and virtual events by coordinating all relevant details, including venue, audio/visual needs, catering/hosting, and other related considerations. Provide administrative support for internal INK meetings and conference calls by ensuring that participants are provided with relevant materials and taking detailed meeting notes. Utilization of event management programs, video conferencing packages, and reservations systems is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with project management tools and techniques
- Ability to work well within a team, taking initiative but responsive to direction
- Considerable experience using MS Office Suite and evidence of ability to quickly learn new technological tools
- M-Pathways experience, considerable knowledge of university policies & procedures
- Experience working with Concur or a similar travel and expense system
- Experience working in an academic or research setting with faculty
- Experience working on sponsored research projects
IRIS takes our role supporting the teaching mission of the University of Michigan seriously and is always looking for creative and talented students who are interested to join our team and learn new skills. We regularly hire research assistants for part-time positions throughout the school year and during the summer, including internships.
Types of positions we typically hire for include:
- Research Data Management
- Web Development
- UX/Graphics/Web Design
- Data Wrangling
Skills we are looking for include:
- Graphic design/UX skills and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, web design, WordPress
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with relational databases and programming