IRIS Reports & Products
IRIS is a national consortium of research institutions focused on creating new, independent statistical evidence about the economic impact of research. Our reports help member institutions document the economic impact of their investments in scientific research, manage their research portfolios, and inform outreach to federal and state stakeholders.
- VENDOR PROFILE REPORT: measuring the economic development impacts of sponsored research
- EMPLOYEE REPORT: tracking the careers of research-funded employees
- SPENDING REPORT: showing the spending and employment patterns of sponsored research
- LEGISLATIVE REPORTS: viewing research spending by legislative district
- IMPACT FINDER: map-based browser for finding stories of research impact
- KL2 IMPACT REPORT: tracking the career progression of research scientists
Focusing on sponsored research spending for each member institution, this report details individuals paid on research funds, highlights the funders that provide the support, and shows national and regional distribution of research spending.
The IRIS Spending Report shows individuals paid by research grants, from faculty, staff and administrators to graduate and undergraduate students and employment patterns of federal research awards. The full version of this report, available to IRIS members, also contains maps showing the distribution of research spending to vendors by county and congressional district, and benchmarking information.
An example report can be viewed below — please allow a few moments for the report to load.
Our CTSA pilot project uses data from the Clinical and Translational Science Awards program to track the career funding progressions of grant awardees.
Institute for Research on Innovation and Science
University of Michigan
Institute for Social Research
Survey Research Center
330 Packard St, 2354 Perry Bldg
Ann Arbor, MI, 48104-2910
P: (734) 615-0015
F: (734) 763-3862
@IRIS_UMETRICS / #irisumetrics
© 2021 The Regents of the University of Michigan | Ann Arbor, MI 48109 USA | Phone: +1 (734) 764-1817 | @IRIS_UMETRICS / #irisumetrics